Date(s) - 09/05/2022 - 11/05/2022
Categories No Categories
Do you want to learn advanced illustration techniques to improve your scientific communication?
This 3-day workshop offers the next level of graphic design and visual communication theory, achieved through both hand and digital drawings.
It is specifically designed for those that have already taken an (introductory) Scientific Illustrations course with Pina Kingman.
This course is postponed to June 8-10 and will now be held digitally.
The course is organised by the Norwegian Graduate School in Biocatalysis (BioCat) . Please apply for a place through their homepage.
Former participation in the Scientific Illustrations introductory course with Pina is recommended, but not required.
The upcoming advanced course (called “Advanced Illustration for Science”) is the 1st advanced course we are holding. Therefore; anyone who has taken a course with Pina previously will have taken an introductory course. Anyone who has taken any of her previous courses is automatically eligible to take the advanced course.
Those who have not taken a course with Pina previously and have experience with illustration will need to send her a portfolio. It must include:
- 1 hand drawn sketch in pencil or pen.
- 1 digital illustration in a vector program, and name the vector program used (Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, Affinity Designer, ext). If you do not have an example of a vector illustration, then indicate this in the email.
- Any other illustration work that you think is relevant.
- The subject of the illustrations do not need to be science related, any subject matter will do.
- All portfolio illustrations must be sent together as one PDF document, or send a link to a portfolio website or Behance portfolio or links to a social feed.
- Email portfolio to Pina at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Portfolio: Advanced Illustration for Science”
This workshop will allow for approximately 20 participants.
Monday May 9 – kl 12-18
Tuesday May 10 – kl 09-15
Wednesday May 11 – Kl 09-13
- Mouse or pen tablet
- Internet access
- Gravit Designer (freemeium) or Adobe Illustrator (University/paid subscription, not provided)*
* Note: Only Adobe Illustrator Desktop app and Gravit Designer will be supported in this course. If any students are already familiar with another digital illustration software, then feel free to use this program. But for the sake of time, Pina will not be able to provide technical support for other software.