Date(s) - 05/06/2023 - 09/06/2023
Categories No Categories
Principles of Infection Biology
This course aims to provide a thorough background in basic concepts of infection biology spanning the disciplines of host-parasite interaction and infections caused by bacteria, eukaryotic microbes and viruses.
Time and place: June 5 – June 9th. At Granavolden (there will be no online option).
Who is it for: IBA PhD students. Participation in the course is mandatory for all IBA PhD students that are early in their PhD education (starting September 1st 2022 or later). Other students (including research track students/”forskjerlinjestudenter”) and postdocs are welcome to take the course contingent on course enrollment limits.
PIBs booklet: PIB 2023 course booklet
PIBs program: PIBs_program_2023
Deadline for registration: April 22, 2023. Register here
International speakers of renown and national experts will deliver lectures on:
- Fundamental concepts of infection biology and “virulence”
- Molecular mechanisms of microbial pathogenesis
- Experimental approaches and modern methodologies
- Genomic perspectives on pathogen evolution and epidemiology
- Current and future challenges in infection biology
- To present their research to colleagues (poster)
- To build their national and international scientific network
- To interact with experts working within infection biology research
Organisation: The course will be a combination of lectures and discussions.
ECTS: You will receive a certificate stating recommended ECTS for this course (2 ECTS). You can apply to your home institution for getting the course accepted as ECTS in your degree. Your home institution decides if and how many credits you will get.
Questions on course content? Contact the IBA Director of Studies at UiO – Mike Koomey
Contact your IBA-coordinator Tara Daughton for other questions