IBA normally accepts travel grant applications from PhD student and research track student (“forskerlinje”)-members for research stays in Norway and abroad twice a year.
For the rest of 2021, however, we take in rolling-applications for travel grants for research stays.
Before applying, please check the Covid-related regulations imposed both by your local institution and the host institution where you intend to visit.
The current rolling application call only apply for travels intended within 2021.
Please apply and upload documents here: https://skjema.uio.no/90155
As always, you will have to include in the application:
– a clear explanation why and how the research stay will benefit your project
– an outline of the planned work at the host institute explaining your motivation and intentions, and how this work will aid the progress of your scientific project (one page maximum)
– a proposed budget.
– a signed invitation letter from the hosting institution.
– a signed letter of recommendation from your supervisor.
The grant typically covers travel and accommodation costs. Other costs may be covered if the need for those is clearly documented and is within the maximum funding amount for the specific time period. Please note that we can only reimburse you AFTER the stay is finished, and for the time being we cannot offer an advance. We advice you to inquire with your local administration if getting an advance is an option.
- Members can only receive one IBA research stay grant per year.
- Members may apply for several shorter research stays in one application.
- Members who have not received research stay grants previously will be prioritized.
- We do not cover research stays for longer than three months.
Note: Applications MUST be submitted in advance of travel.