As of January 2022, IBA will be accepting applications for travel grants for research stays on a rolling basis.
Before applying, please check the Covid-related regulations imposed both by your local institution and the host institution where you intend to visit.
The travel grants are available for IBA PhD candidates and research track students (forskerlinje) only.
You will have to include in the application:
– a clear explanation of why and how the research stay will benefit your project
– an outline of the planned work at the host institute explaining your motivation and intentions, and how this work will aid the progress of your scientific project (one page maximum)
– a proposed budget.
– a signed invitation letter from the hosting institution.
– a signed letter of recommendation from your supervisor.
Please apply and upload documents here: https://nettskjema.no/a/275000
The grant typically covers travel and accommodation costs. Other ancillary costs may be covered if the need for those is clearly documented. Please note that we can only reimburse you AFTER the stay is finished. We recommend that you contact your local administration about getting a travel advance. Upon return, your home institution can then invoice IBA directly for the reimbursement.
- Members can only receive one IBA research stay grant per year.
- Members may apply for several shorter research stays in one application.
- Members who have not received research stay grants previously will be prioritized.
- We do not cover research stays for longer than three months.
Note: Applications MUST be submitted in advance of travel.